The Wings Over Springbank Airshow organizers have made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s event in support the latest provincial COVID-19 restrictions. The event, slated for July 24 to 25, would have featured the Canadian Forces’ Snowbirds.
Our YBW tenants at YBW who have voluntered and participated in past airshows have recently shared in an online survey just how much they value this event.
We look forward to partnering again with the Wings Over Springbank Airshow organizers to plan and welcome future events when it is safe to do so.
HOW WILL THE AIRSHOW AFFECT YOU?
- Airshow performers begin arriving
- At approximately 12 p.m. Apron I will become a secured area for the Canadian Forces Snowbirds - this will remain secure until July 30 when the team departs
- Regular airport operations
- NOTAM in place from 11:30 to 17:30 for Airshow practice
- Runway 08/26 closes at 9 a.m.
July 27 & 28
- NOTAM in place from 11:30 to 17:30 for Airshow
- Taxiway C closed from 9 a.m.
- Gates open at 10 a.m.
- Orange Tenant Access Passes are required in order to access your business/hangar on July 27 and 28. Please be respectful and only request what you need. Hangar passes will only be required after 9 a.m. once security checkpoints are in place
- Access YBW Springbank Airport from MacLaurin Drive to avoid general spectator traffic
- Public access parking can be accessed from TWP 250 onto Hurricane and then Avro
- Security checkpoints and traffic control will be at both main entrances
- Site clean, fences tear down and regular operations resume